We have plenty upcoming for our Light up the Town (Aberystwyth) event this year, which will be held on the 1st of December 2018.
In the run up we have:
1. Elf Treasure Hunt – scour the shop windows in Aberystwyth and help us find our missing 20 elves! You can collect post cards with elf names from the Tourist Information Centre at Ceredigion Museum. We’ll be running the Treasure Hunt from the 29th of October until the 26th of November. Follow our Facebook page and event for clues if you’re stuck!
2. Free public Lantern making sessions – held on the 17th, 18th, 24th and 25th of November at the Old College. A chance to learn to make a lantern and be a part of our amazing lantern parade which takes place at roughly 5pm on the Light up the Town event! All welcome, it’s a free event.
3. Vote for the Christmas carols we’ll be singing on the day, we have polls running on Facebook and Twitter from the 12th to the 16th of November 2018.
The day itself has plenty going on too:
- Farmers Market on North Parade from 10am to 3pm
- Christmas Market on Baker Street from 12pm to 7.30pm
- Entertainment on Baker Street from 3pm to 7.30pm
- Lantern Parade leaving St Michael’s at 5.00pm
- Christmas Tree Switch On and Carol Singing at 5.30pm
- Activities, Santa’s Grotto and a Craft Fair at Ceredigion Museum throughout the day!